Saturday, October 26, 2013

My Lego World - Rishi Challa – V1 C


Ever since I got my first Lego set when I was 3 years old, I was hooked onto Lego blocks. For me Lego blocks are amazing because I can create anything I wanted. I felt so happy in building things that are different from what the kits are for. I once built an airport with a train running through it next to a ship that has a crane attached to it – the crane had a pulley using which you can load / unload from airplane.  I don’t think I would have been able to do that in the real world!

Initially I was into building blocks, big Lego structures which are easy to build. Now that I have got years of practice and experience so I enjoy building intricate structures which have 2000+ pieces and are meant for kids 16+ years.

I had been a member in Lego Clubs and Lego Forums when I was in US. And, I was a yearly member at Lego Discovery Center at Chicago. One trip I enjoyed the most was to the Lego World at Malaysia.
I now have cartons full of Legos and this was one of the things that I insisted my parents move when we moved from Chicago to Hyderabad. Legos blocks kept me occupied and happy when it snowed outside at Chicago. And, here at Hyderabad, Legos are my close friends.

I should really thank my parents for letting me pursuit my passion of Legos and buys me expensive Lego sets. Since I do enjoy building structures, in future I see myself getting into robotics and computers. My dad tells me that doing computer programming is similar to attaching modules of Lego blocks. It seems they “pay” people to do that! That sure sounds fun if I can get paid to do that.




Above is me with the London Tower Bridge. And, I am now finishing up Sydney Opera House which is the hallmark feature of Sydney City. If I have time left after I am done becoming computer programmer, pilot, scientist, astronaut, and robotics expert – I can certainly design a spaceship port at least in Lego World if not in Real World.



2 Responses so far.

  1. way to go ! keep it up god bless!

  2. Lucky says:

    Congrats buddy...keep moving....lot to achieve...stay blessed
    Udaya

Leave a Reply