Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Student Led Conference-2013


For years parent-teacher conferences have been the primary means of parent-teacher communication. But now, Oakridge yet again is trying something new - "Student-Led Conference" that communicate not only how a student's doing but also why. This conference is a three-way conference to report to and share information with parents. 

Students take charge of their own evaluation and the entire conference right from welcoming their parents till thanking them for their time and support. This STUDENT LED CONFERENCE is an authentic tool to make a real difference in students behaviour and learning.

OIS, Einstein campus hosted their first Student Led Conference on 23rd February and invited with parents for this event. The parents loved the idea and collaborated with their children's learning.

STUDENTS REFLECTIONS

"This conference made me more confident. I am happy that we got a chance to showcase out talents to our parents" - Meghana of Grade VIIB

"It gave us a chance to show our parents our potential for learning and also to learn things that we never knew. We also realised that we are capable of much more than we think we are" - Shruthi of Grade VII A

"It was really fun showing my parents what I do in school" - Arinnjay of Grade VIB

"I want this event to happen every year and hope to have fun like I had today" - Trishik of Grade VIA

"I really enjoyed showcasing what I learnt to my mom" - Vikram of Grade VI C









    

Leave a Reply