Wednesday, February 22, 2012

International Mother Tongue Day

In Oakridge, we also look at the improvement of mother tongue of a child. To boost this, we organize mother tongue sessions every month on several topics. On 21st of February, we had a cultural show.

The Guest for the event was Mr. Ditta Kavi Sheshacharyulu, from Vishakhapatnam. He is an eminent Telugu author and is presently working with different universities in Hyderabad. The students from PP1 to grade V, did a stage show in Telugu, Hindi, Marathi, Malayalam and Tamil under the following categories-
* Singing
* Dance
* Story telling
* Recitation of Poem

Students' reflections

*“I enjoyed a lot, telling the story-the hare and the Tortoise. I enjoyed the programme.” Purvee Chore Grade III
*“It was a nice day and I liked the show.” Ashrita Grade III
*"I enjoyed a lot! I hope we have more mother tongue day.” Mourya Grade-V
*“With this we got to know the mother tongue of everyone in the class.” Harshita Grade-V
*“I am very happy because I enjoy getting on stage and watch performances.” Anurag Grade-II

Parents speak:
• “It’s a very good programme activating every child towards their mother tongue." Mrs. Padmavathi (mother of Aneesh Grade I)
• “This is an excellent way to celebrate the languages in the world.” Mr. Shreeraj( Father of Inika Grade I)
• “Very nice thought. Please do it again.” Mrs. Shailaja (mother of Vedika Grade III)







Leave a Reply